Along the Tracks

Wednesday, September 14, 2005
 

A good start


As I checked on my two little ones, 7 and 5, last night before I went to bed, I got a twinge of pain in my stomach. What if I had no idea where there were – or if they were alive or dead?

There are still many families and loved ones separated due to Hurricane Katrina and the confusion in its wake. Please, can we all agree to do something about this?

I have noticed "CBS Evening News" is now running photos and short stories about some of the missing and separated families just before breaks. Thank you, CBS – that’s a good start. I encourage everyone to suggest the broadcast and cable networks do even more to reunite these families by broadcasting photos and names and the phone number of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which has a database of people who are missing or separated from loved ones. This could be done by scrolling at the bottom of the screen, like weather, sports and financial alerts - or however the networks believe it would work best. Fast and effective should be our goals.

Here are some email addresses to get you started: CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, CNN, MSNBC.


Comments: Post a Comment