Along the Tracks

Wednesday, March 13, 2002
 

Out getting a tan


Reports of my apparent vacation have been greatly exaggerated. Tuesday is “finish the paper” day here at The Leader, and I was knee-deep in copy and photos (you’ll see - if you subscribe, otherwise, call 419-485-3113 or e-mail leader@locl.net and get started, would ya!?) all day, never getting the opportunity to update my beloved blog. I know, wah, wah, wah. Anyway, the weather is going to pull me out of the office numerous times over the course of this week, you know, er-uh, looking for photos, that sort of thing. Even so, I’ll not let the web column lag, cross my heart.



Downtown


Montpelier Village Council and the Downtown Revitalization Committee are working on plans to spruce up the downtown as part of the street resurfacing and sidewalks project. It appears work won’t begin until next year, so it may seem like there is plenty of time. But council’s goal is to have the whole project rolled together and bid out by the Ohio Department of Transportation, and their fiscal year starts July 1. So a coherent plan and specifications will be needed, probably well before that date.

I thought it might be interesting to do an article considering some ideas you, the reader, have offered. If there’s something you might like to see discussed, e-mail a note to me at leader@locl.net.


Comments: Post a Comment